Starkey Financial Planning Ltd is a truly independent organisation and is managed by Ian Starkey from the office at The Blackheath Standard area of London SE3.
As fee based Independent Financial Advisers there is no link with any Life Company and we act solely on behalf of our Clients.
Our objective is to build long term relationships and to have an Annual Financial Planning meeting with our Clients where we can update their plan and check they are still on course to achieve their goals
For this approach to work we need to be accountable for the service we provide whilst our Clients must also be accountable for their input into the success of their plan. We should also share our beliefs and philosophy so as to engender an effective working partnership.
We offer all our new potential Clients a complimentary Initial Meeting where we can discuss How We Work, what it is the Client wants to achieve and to establish if we can work together.
The Client always has the choice to pay us by a direct fee or by product charges (Adviser Charges).
You will be working not only with Ian Starkey, who is the lead adviser, but with the whole team.
Please see adviser section for more details.
Our commitment to our clients
Our aim is to achieve a sound long-term professional relationship with our Clients, based on mutual confidence and trust. To this end we make the following commitments:
1. We will ensure that all new Clients are fully informed about our Terms of Business and in particular the way in which we will be remunerated.
2. We will agree with each Client the person within the firm whose is to be regarded as their main point of contact.
3. We will ask our Clients to disclose to us whatever personal and financial information may be required to enable us to provide suitable advice and will check regularly with our Clients to ensure that it remains up-to-date. We will maintain such information in absolute confidence.
4. We will always recommend whatever course of action (or inaction) we consider to be in the best interests of our clients.
5. We will explain our recommendations to our Clients in writing, in terms designed to assist their understanding of what can sometimes be complex issues. In the case of investments, all of which involve some degree of risk, we will seek to ensure that a satisfactory balance is achieved between the objectives of individual Clients and the risk which may need to be taken to satisfy those needs.
6. If we do not possess expertise in any specialist area of advice we will with our Clients' agreement obtain advice externally, but we will ensure that this is consistent with the overall financial plans which we have recommended.
7. We will account to our Clients for any commissions or other remuneration which we may receive from the providers of products or services which we recommend.
8. When requested to do so we will maintain a regular review of our Clients' investments and other financial arrangements and will provide reports containing updated valuations and recommendations for future action.
9. We will liaise with our Clients' other professional advisers in an effort to ensure that our advice is complementary to theirs.
10. We welcome our Clients' suggestions as to how our service might be improved and will undertake periodic satisfaction surveys, the results of which will be considered at internal meetings of staff and management.
11. We will regularly review our procedures and systems and service levels with a view to ensuring that our Clients are being treated fairly.
12. In the event of any dissatisfaction, Clients are invited to inform their main contact or if more appropriate the manager identified in our Terms of Business as having responsibility for Client Care. Complaints which we cannot resolve may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, of which details are available on request.
Starkey Financial Planning Ltd
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority